Adelaide Branch Membership Fees 2021:
- Adult Single: $55.00 (includes £20.00 for HQ Scotland)
- Adult Joint: $80.00 (includes £32.00 per couple for HQ Scotland)
- Under 25: $32.00 (includes £16.00 for HQ Scotland)
Subscriptions are now due for 2021 year. Final date for payment is 31 March 2021.
To join just complete the Membership Form 2021.pdf and submit your payment.
Why become a Branch member????
Being a member of the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society supports your local Branch and class teacher as well as the Society Headquarters in Scotland.
For about $1 per week, your direct membership benefits include:
- discounts to attend Adelaide and Districts Branch events, such as workshops, socials, and the Adelaide Annual Ball, usually saving you 20-30% on your ticket price.
- discount to attend any other Australian RSCDS event, such as interstate Balls or Socials (Covid 19 permitting).
- a quarterly Reel Spiel newsletter to keep up to date with happenings from Adelaide and District classes.
- information from other Australian Branches and HQ.
Membership of the Society helps keep dancing and classes going. Without the Society (through your support), you would not have teachers, music or published dances to enjoy and dance:
- RSCDS sets and maintains the steps, formations, dances and music to maintain dancing and teacher standards, so you can dance at any RSCDS event or class and know what to expect.
- RSCDS supports teachers, musicians and dancers to be able to continue dancing into the future, through new publications and courses.
- membership of a world-wide community of Scottish country dancers, so you can join in the dance anywhere in the world.
- a quality magazine twice a year, informing you of dancing activities, the work of the Committees and dancers’ products.
- discounted rates for dancers and musicians to attend UK opportunities for learning in a sociable manner, through local classes, Summer School, Winter School and Spring Fling (when Covid restrictions again permit these).
- you get a say in how the Society and its services should run, through surveys and AGMs.
- the Branch supports your class teachers by managing the Public Liability insurance and Music licensing fees to help reduce costs for running local classes.
- the Branch subsidises teacher training courses to help teachers learn and improve, and ultimately keep your classes going.
- sustaining dancing into the future, by supporting the physical presence of RSCDS Headquarters and all the work of office staff, volunteers, teachers, assessors, examiners and musicians.